Ian Fleming Publications Ltd (“the Company” or “us”) is committed to the protection of any personal data we obtain from you whether you make any enquiry to us by telephone, email, through our website enquiries or by any other means.
We invite you to read this Privacy Notice which describes the types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how you can manage the information we have about you, and how you can contact us.
The information to which our Privacy Notice applies is “personal data” (which is defined in current data privacy law as information which can identify living people). Where we refer to personal data below, we use the term “personal information”.
The contents of our Privacy Notice may change from time to time. Please check it now and again so that you are sure you are happy to share your personal information with the Company.
Our Privacy Notice was last updated on 25 May 2018 to align our data protection practices with new data privacy laws in the United Kingdom which came into effect on that date.
Who we are
We are Ian Fleming Publications Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office address is at 73-74 Berwick Street, London, W1F 8TE, United Kingdom. Our registered number at Companies House is 01070342.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- if you access our website, we identify your IP address – please see our Cookies Policy on our website for more information
- if you are seeking general information about the Company and the literary estate of Ian Fleming when you contact us through our website or via email
- if you have consented to receive any marketing communications (for example, invitations to events that we may decide to send you) or for other things for which we need your consent (we will ask for your consent before we use your personal information for this purpose)
What personal information do we collect?
Depending on the method of collection, the personal information we collect might be all or some of the following:
- your name (and title) as the person communicating with us
- your IP address
- the internet browser from which you visited our website
- the pages you visit on our website and how long you viewed them for
- your email address or other contact details such as your telephone numbers
- any other personal information not listed above that you give to us by any method.
How we use personal information we collect
We use personal information and other information we collect only for the purposes of providing information and answering general enquiries and for doing business with authors and their agents.
Using relevant personal information solely for these purposes is in our legitimate interests as a commercial business, provided that we use personal information in a proportionate way that respects your privacy rights as an individual.
Authors and scriptwriters
If you transact with us because you are an author or a scriptwriter, we may collect and use relevant personal information such as your contact details, biographical information and payment information for the purposes of performing any contract with you or taking steps in order to do so. We rely on our legitimate interests to allow us to deal with authors through their agents.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep at least some of personal information for 7 years after we conclude any transaction with any authors. We have a legitimate purpose for retaining personal information for this length of time for legal and taxation reasons. Where we distribute royalties to authors or their agents, we may need to keep personal information for longer so as to perform any contract with the author or in accordance with our legitimate interests if we transact with an author’s agent.
We do not however keep personal information in any identifiable format longer than is necessary in the case of ordinary visitors to our website.
Subject to the initial period you have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information save where it is necessary to perform a contract or where we need to keep the personal information for legal or taxation reasons..
The Company takes all appropriate technical and organisational measure to ensure the integrity and security of the personal information it holds.
Sharing your personal information
We do not share your personal information with any third parties so you will not receive marketing and advertising material you do not want.
In the event that the Company ever becomes subject to a re-organisation such as a merger, an acquisition of assets or a share sale, we may in accordance with our legitimate interests need to share some of your personal information with third parties who have a need to know about it, specifically for reasons connected with the re-organisation.
We may share or reveal personal information if we are obliged or permitted to do so by law, or if it is required by law enforcement, fraud prevention, credit reference agencies, tax authorities or regulatory bodies.
Exporting your personal information
We do not transfer any personal information outside the United Kingdom. We do not ourselves hold any personal information on servers that are outside the European Union.
Managing personal information
You have the right as an individual to manage the personal information we hold about you and make amendments if this is necessary. You are also able to withdraw any consent you might have given us to receive marketing communications, such as newsletters or general information about our products and services, from the Company. You may also object to the Company using your personal information even if we rely on our legitimate interests to make use of it.
You have several rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most of these, if you exercise them we may ask for information from you to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us find your personal information. We will respond to you within thirty days after we have received a valid request, by which we mean a request that is backed up with any identification documents that we have requested.
You have the following rights:
- to request a copy or summary of the personal information that we hold about you and to receive it from us within 30 days
- to correct and update your personal information
- to withdraw your consent (where we rely on it) from receiving any further communications from us which are not necessary (we will not send you invitations, newsletters and other marketing communications unless you consent to receive them) or in respect of other matters for which your consent has already been given
- to object to certain kinds of processing of your personal information such as automated processing and profiling
- to erase your personal information or restrict its use
- to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as our relevant United Kingdom supervisory authority regulating data privacy matters.
Please see the Cookies policy on our website.
You can exercise your rights and manage your information by contacting us at:
Ian Fleming Publications Limited, 73-74 Berwick Street, London W1F 8TE .
Issues and complaints
If you have an issue regarding how we handle personal information, please do not hesitate to contact the Company first. We will do everything we can to try to resolve your issue. If however you need to make a complaint, the contact details of the ICO are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113
You can also log your complaint or raise an issue on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.